Saturday, April 23, 2011

Spring

Spring... the time of rebirth and new beginnings.  We haven't quite experienced it yet, but the anticipation is killing me.  I love the season mainly because it is a precursor to summer, which is really my favorite. 

I love the heat(not the sun) but the heat.  Everything is easier.  There is no need for socks, shoes cumbersome sweaters or coats.  Most transitions from home to car to buildings take less effort; unless, of course, you live in the more hot humid climates.  Then, this blog is more suited for your autumn.

Having been in those climates, I have a deep respect for the long term survivors and their tolerance. They are not unlike the very robust people who live in the very freezing cold climates.  I am humbled by the courage of both!

Nevertheless, spring deserves to be honored.  In some parts of the world it is the New Year and in others a celebration of life, flowers, children, love and most of all; the end of another dreary, wet, cold winter.


Scism


I’m really much better in the spring
where hopes are high
and toes are free.
I’m really much happier in the heat,
where my limbs can breathe
(especially my feet).

I’m so elated in the sun
despite the warnings and fear.
The  winter shadows are dreary,
the cold a pain. I guess
I can tolerate the rain;
but only if it’s followed by the
sweet sweet warming
rays of the sun.

2/14/07


Jasmin

Mmmm...delicious fragrance in the air.
I smell Jasmin everywhere.
It climbs on pretty petal feet
to doors and surrounding planter boxes.
Jasmin, smelling sweet
on the vernal side of the equinoxes.
Oh oh... there it goes again
sneaking up so very spicy.
A waft of perfume in the air
pleasing bees and noses nicely!

Spring 1986
Special thanks to Carl Sandburg for
inspiring my second line.



Fog

The fog comes
on little cat feet.

It sits looking
over harbor and city
on silent haunches
and then moves on.

By Carl Sandburg

No comments:

Post a Comment